This is a half moon-shaped top-down shawl. The body is worked in two contrasting colors, the sunny yellow floral sections are separated by royal blue yarn-over rows. The shape makes the shawl easy to wear as it sits nicely and stays on your shoulders. It is finished with a knitted-on edge in the contrast color. If you have never used this method, don’t worry, the pattern includes a link to a video tutorial to learn how to work it.
You have several options to choose from:
- You can use different color combinations to achieve different results: use contrasting colors or colors that are closer to each other in hue or some gradient yarn (without a contrast color).
- The pattern is written for 3 sizes.
Who is this pattern for?
- The lace pattern isn't complicated so if you are a beginner lace knitter, you can have a go at this pattern.
- If you are an experienced knitter, you can work on your project while watching TV.
- If you want to learn the knitted-on edge, this is a perfect first pattern for it.
The pattern contains charted and written instructions and it was tested.